Today was a snow day in Raleigh!! I awoke to about 5" of snow on the ground, much to my surprise. Last night they were forecasting for snow but I just figured the weathermen were trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Turns out they were right about this forecast. When I went to bed last night around 12:30 it was still raining. At that point I figured it would stay rain and not switch over to snow. But such as not the case. Now growing up in CT, 5" of snow is no big deal. But down here it is a HUGE deal!! Businesses and schools were all closed today and motorists were asked to stay off the road. The mere 5" of snow managed to cripple Raleigh!! NC State even canceled classes. So I stayed home today and worked on my paper in the comfort of my house. It was nice seeing everything covered in white. But I am now ready for the snow to be gone and the warm weather to arrive. After all, that is part of the reason why I moved to NC!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Snow Day in Raleigh!!
Posted by Lori Beth at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment