Sunday, January 4, 2009

Duke vs. VaTech


Today Ryne and I went shopping and ran a few errands around town. We picked up a few items at Best Buy and had a late lunch at Mike's Deli. They make the best sandwiches there!! You should have seen the sandwich Ryne got... it had to have been 9" thick!! After our lunch we then made our way to Duke. My cousin Amy was able to get us tickets for the basketball. Ryne unfortunately is a HUGE Duke fan. We managed to get to campus before it was dark so Ryne was able to take some pictures and walk around campus. We then met up with Amy and visited with her for a little bit. After loading up with stuff from the Duke bookstore we then made our way to Cameron Indoor Stadium -- don't worry, I did not make any purchases!

We got there in time to see each team warm up... about 3 times each! We had really great seats and Ryne was loving every minute of being there!! It took all that I had in me to not go crazy... those Duke students really get under my skin!! The Cameron Crazies were every bit as annoying as I expected them to be. They kept chanting, "Dr. Pepper... Dr. Pepper..." to the VaTech players. Maybe it's just me but I just didn't get it (aside from VaTech wearing maroon uniforms). I guess that goes to show you what happens when really smart people try to be funny! It was a fun game though and VaTech was able to keep it interesting for a little bit. In the end though Duke pulled away with an easy victory.

I am glad that I was able to take Ryne to his first Duke game as I know it mean to much to him. And it was fun being able to experience it with him... even if it was Duke!!

0 comments: