Today I had the opportunity to hear former President Bill Clinton give a lecture at NC State. Although I am not a democrat, I was curious to hear what he had to say especially since he was to speak about what lies ahead for the country with the new presidency. Tickets for the event were hard to come by but I managed to get a ticket for myself as well as my friend Tamara. After waiting outside in the cold for close to 45 minutes were allowed to enter the venue. We then sat there and waiting another hour and forty-five minutes for Clinton to take the stage. I won't go into any of the political issues but I will say this... that was one of the most somber and depressing lectures I think I have ever heard in my life. In a nutshell, Clinton said that: we would all go hungry, the melting of the ice caps would wipe the east coast off the face of the map, and jobs will become fewer and harder to come by. Way to inspire us and to give us hope.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That sucks.
Post a Comment