Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hurricane Downgrade

Oh.. my poor Hurricanes! Just when I thought they were doing well (they were on a 4-game winning streak!) they have to go and prove me wrong! The Canes have now lost their last four games. And it's not that they lost, but they really LOST! They've suffered humiliating losses that were very lopsided and displayed just how not together they have been.

I was hoping tonight's came would be a turning point. The Canes had been on the road and this would be their first game back at home. Surely having home ice would be the difference. Not so much. The first period was pretty painful but some how they managed to only be down 1-0. The second period... oh the second period. It was...well... a nightmare!! Three more goals and the Canes found themselves down 4-1. I had all but written off the game as a loss. But then something changed.. the Canes came out in the 3rd and actually resembled a hockey team! And before I knew it the game was tied up (thanks to a goal by Scottie Walker!!). But all of that came to a crashing end when Toronto scored and went ahead for good. Ugh... hopefully this losing streak will come to an end!

0 comments: