Friday, August 1, 2008

CT Shore

Yesterday my parents and I drove down to the CT shore (Waterford) for the long weekend. Growing up I spent my summers at our beach house here and we would only spend two weeks at the Cape. My dad would either commute from here to Hartford or would join us in Waterford on the weekend. When I was in about 6th grade my parents decided to spend more time at the Cape so our trips to Waterford became fewer and farther between. And as I got older I came down here less and less. On the car ride down I tried to remember the last time I was here and I think it was back when I was in Clemson!!! So it's been about 8-10 years since I was last here!! The house is mostly as I remembered it... some of the decorations have changed but for the most part it is how I pictured it. I have so many memories from here... my cousins and I would all spend our summer together here. We would go down to the beach and swim out to the raft or go crabbing. The kids also had control of the family room in the basement and would spend countless hours building forts or playing with my grandfather's a-track! And every summer the BIG event was Fireman's Fair. And wouldn't you know, Fireman's Fair just happens to be this weekend!! Unfortunately I will miss it as I am heading over to the spa later today for Margaux's bachelorette. It's nice being back and remembering the good old days from when I was little!! (I'll take some pictures later to post!)

1 comments:

The Baur Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures. Hope you enjoyed your visit! Miss ya!