I am so loving the Olympics!! I have always been a huge fan of the Olympics, whether it's the summer or winter games. So far this year I have been glued to my television cheering on the US. Michael Phelps has been absolutely amazing. And how about the men's relay team?! I was on the phone with Ryne while I was watching the race. Unfortunately for Ryne the Olympics are on a time delay in his neck of the woods. I think I scared him when I started screaming and yelling at my T.V. I had a great big smile on my face when I saw that the US beat France -- serves France right for talking smack!!! And I was so happy to see the US women take home the gold and silver last night in gynamstics.
I must admit though that I have been somewhat unhappy with how deceiftul China has been during the Olympics. First I find out that fireworks were digitally enhanced. Then I find out that they had the little girl lip sync during the opening ceremony because the actual singers was not pretty or cute enough. I also read an article about how China built walls around the run-down poorer areas so that no one would see that side of China. And don't even get me started on the Chinese gymnastics team! I love how three of the gymnists miracously aged a few years in the past few months. Unreal. This was China's chance to have the wrold see them in a positive light. Too bad they didn't take advantage of this opportunity.
I know I'll be watching the Olympics up until the last medal is won! GO USA!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Olympics
Posted by Lori Beth at 5:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment