Unfortunately for me summer has come to a crashing end. I am not quite sure where my summer went if I even had one! This week is the kick off of the semester. Students have returned to campus and the fight for a parking spot is once again back on!
I was asked to transfer my to two online courses to a new classroom management software. While it is much better system it requires a lot of work on the front end on my part. The overall course layout and structure are far superior to the old system. Anyways, I've been busy uploading the content to my courses when I started noticing that some of my students were some how already accessing the class site. OK, first of all, the semester hasn't even started yet!! I am not a big fan of overachievers so someone needs to clue these students in. And secondly, one student is already complaining. She felt the need to post a message. Now before I share the message I must give you a little background about the course. This course is a 21st Century Technology course. As the name implies, we will be using, evaluating, and examining new and emerging technologies. The new course management software just so happens to be a new and emerging technology. Also, this course if offered as part of the Instructional Technology curriculum. OK, so are you ready... this is what my wonderful student posted... before the classes even started...
"Moodle is very different. I am very comfortable with Blackboard and Vista and now in my last class at NCSU, I have to learn an new software for distance education. Guess this is what the class is all about; staying on top of ever-changing technology. I feel lost trying to use this new format. Anyone else overwhelmed? "
Oh how I love this time of the year!! How many days until summer break again???
Monday, August 18, 2008
It's That Time of the Year Again...
Posted by Lori Beth at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment