Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cruising on Cape Cod Bay



It was another gorgeous weekend here at the Cape... and better yet, a perfect weekend for going out in the boat! Our friends Jon and Bernard were up for the weekend so on Saturday my dad, Jon, and I went out on the boat. My mom headed down to the beach to see her friends and Bernard stayed back at the house to work on a paper. High tide wasn't until later in the day so we didn't head out until around 2:30. Our boat trip started off great... sunny skies, slight cool breeze, and no waves. But that quickly changed as the wind picked up and the waves got bigger. At first you didn't really notice it because we were zooming down the coast with the wind to our backs. But when we turned around and started heading into the wind we started to hit some decent size waves. I was sitting in the bow of the boat and of course I was soaked by the time we got back into the harbor. But all in all it was a great day out on the bay!

0 comments: