Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chadron State Park



Last night Ryne and I went on a picnic at Chadron State Park. This is the same park where we stayed in a cabin for a few days when I was out in June. It was the perfect weather for a picnic and spending time outdoors. Surprisingly, it was pretty quiet at the park and we basically had it all to ourselves. After our picnic we went for a walk around the pond and then we drove up to the Black Hills Overlook to catch the sunset. All I have to say is, WOW!! What an amazing view and a spectacular sunset!! The overlook, as the name implies, is over the Black Hills. It amazes just how far you can see and how open the land is. Even though there were a good number of clouds in the sky, we were able to see an absolutely amazing sunset!! It was such a wonderful night and I enjoyed every minute of it!!

0 comments: