Sunday, August 24, 2008

Surprise Party


Ryne's mom's birthday was this past weekend and Ryne really wanted to do something special for his since it was her 60th. We finally decided that we would throw her a surprise party. After much planning, coordinating, and scheming we were able to pull the party off. I helped Ryne do as much as I could from Raleigh while one of his aunt's helped coordinate the details with the restaurant. His mom's actual birthday was on Friday but we told her we would celebrate on Saturday since I was flying in late Friday night. On Saturday she was all set to do something with Ryne and I but we told her that we were going to meet up with one of Ryne's friends and that we would do an early dinner with her instead. You could tell she so upset and I felt so bad. But Ryne and I kept telling each other that in the end it would all be worth it. So many of her friends and family were able to come to the party...with several traveling 8+ hours!! When his mom walked through the door she was overcome with happiness!! She didn't have the slightest clue about the party. Everyone had a great time and the food was wonderful!! I am so glad that we were able to keep it a surprise!!

0 comments: