Thursday, March 26, 2009

We're on a Winning Streak...

The Canes won both games this past weekend! Friday's game appeared to be an easy contest but it quickly turned ugly! At the end of the first period the Canes were up 2-0. At the end of the second period we found ourselves down 4-2. Yes, the Islanders scored 4 goals in the second period!! Thankfully the Canes got their act together and scored 3 in the third to go on to win it 5-4!!

Saturday's game against the Capitals was equally as exciting! The Capitals had been on a roll and are (were) having a great season thus far. With the playoffs looming on the horizon I knew this would be an intense game. The Canes played so well and beat the Capitals 4-1. Ovechkin, who I cannot stand (he wears gold shoe laces and a tinted visor on his helmet) had a complete melt down at the end of the game and threw his stick and tried to break it unsuccessfully over the boards. He then tried to slam the door closed and it kept popping back open. I think I enjoyed his melt down more than the win!!

The Canes have since won twice more and are on a nice little winning streak. Let's hope it continues!!

0 comments: