Thursday, March 5, 2009

On the Road Again...

... I just can't wait to get on the road again!! Wednesday morning, bright and early, I headed down to Charleston for a conference. A colleague and one of my graduate students road down with me. The trip down was pretty uneventful and we made to Charleston in a little over four hours. We decided to grab lunch and then we checked in and made our way over to the conference. I had two presentations on Wed and two more on Thursday. Once we wrapped up our hard day's work on Wednesday Bethany (my grad student) and I headed down to the historic part of Charleston for dinner. We had dinner at Hanks, which was very good! We walked around a bit and then made our way back to the hotel. Thursday was another early start filled with conference related festivities all day. I was lucky and was able to catch up with old friends. My friend Hayley, who I went to UConn with, flew in later that afternoon. I picked her up and then had dinner with her before I hit the road back to Raleigh. I got home around 11pm and was greeted by a very happy Mistress. It was a quick trip yet it felt like I had been gone for weeks!!

0 comments: