Monday, March 2, 2009

In Like a Lion...Out Like a Lamb??


How is it March already?? 2009 is flying by! As you can tell, February was not all that exciting. Aside from hockey I was busy with work/school. February always seems to bring lots of deadlines and lots of extra work. This year has been especially difficult given all of the financial challenges and obstacles.

I was looking forward to March as I was in dire need of spring break. Unfortunately spring break is not going to be much a break for me. I have a conference in Charleston this week so I will be busy getting ready and presenting at it. I also have a student who is in the final stages of her thesis.

As I am sure you have heard by now, the south was once again hit with snow. It just does not seem right that snow is covering the ground and here it is March. I had visions of spring in my head... not snow and winter! Unfortunately it appears that there is a layer of ice under the snow which has wrecked havoc with my daffodils. The flowers are caked in ice and look so pathetic. I went out this morning and tried to knock the snow and ice in hopes that it would help them survive. We'll see if this was helpful or not!!

Thankfully the warm weather will return towards the end of the week. The weekend forecast is looking magnificent... in the mid 70s!! Now that is what spring in NC is all about!!

2 comments:

The Baur Family said...

When do you leave for Charleston? My parents are supposed to be going to Raleigh this weekend. How about that snow? Can't believe it is supposed to be in the 70's by Saturday! Make up your mind already, sheesh!

The Russells said...

I like your cute little snowmen...hope you are able to enjoy your trip some. I will be conferencing this weekend too. :(