Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where Did the Weekend Go?

I cannot believe that it is already Sunday night! This weekend flew by!! Friday afternoon I finished my last bit of grading for the semester (yay!!). Tomorrow I will post grades and be officially done with the semester. I am so glad that the school year has come to an end!! I am ready for some R&R and some summer fun!

Friday night I had dinner with friends and watched the Hurricanes game. IT was the first game of the second round of the playoffs against Boston. Unfortunately the Canes did not play so well and found themselves on the losing side of a 4-1 game.

Saturday I was busy running errands and doing odd jobs around the house. Yesterday was also the neighborhood cookout and HOA meeting. There is only one townhouse that is still for sale in the neighborhood. It was nice to meet some of the new people. After the picnic I came home and caught up my DVR (I hav ebeen so far behind with all of the hockey lately!).

Today was a day of cleaning! Ugh... I had been dreading today too. I cleaned my kitchen top to bottom. It is not spotless which means I won't want to cook and mess it up! After my kitchen I then tackled my closet. I have such a hard time of parting with thing. So I finally bit the bullet and purged my closet. This was just the first pass... I know I will have to go back through it and pull more out to give to Good Will. Once I finished with tackling my closet I then went to work on my white rocking chair on my front porch. It was starting to get covered with mildew so I wanted get it cleaned up. My dad gave this great stuff called Wet & Forget. All you do is spray it on and after about a week the mildew, mold, and algae is gone. I also hosed down and cleaned up the back deck now that pollen season is over.

And now I am cheering on the Canes! It has been a great weekend and Canes win tonight would make it even better!

2 comments:

The Baur Family said...

Where do you get this "Wet and Forget" stuff? Sounds like it would work well on my patio chairs! Looks like you had a very productive weekend...wish I could say the same about my kitchen! ;)

The Russells said...

The weekends ALWAYS fly by!!! Sounds like you were productive though. Do you teach any over the summer??