Monday, May 25, 2009

The Needles - Custer State Park


Ryne took off Tuesday from work so we had an extra long long-weekend. On Sunday we went to the Prairie Berrie Winery for lunch. As soon as we walked through the door Ryne realized he had left his wallet at home. This meant he did not have his ID and would not be able to do the wine tasting or have a drink at lunch. I could tell he was pretty disappointed. His mom even tried vouching for his age but the lady wouldn't let him have a drink. So poor thing drove the half hour home, got his wallet, and drove the half hour back. His parents and I did a wine tasting and then enjoyed a bottle of the wine on the patio since it was so nice.e When Ryne got back we had lunch (so freaking good!!) and we all did another wine tasting together. Needless to say we were all in a pretty good mood!!

Today Ryne and I took his parents out to lunch and then we headed to Custer State Park to go see the Needles. While I had been to the park many times before I had never been to the Needles. It was a gorgeous day (finally no rain!) so we were able to enjoy some great views from the top.

After dinner Ryne and I made our way back to Chadron. It was so nice have a long weekend together to relax and unwind.

0 comments: