Sunday, May 17, 2009

Carhenge

Yesterday Ryne's parents came down for a visit. The weather was gorgeous so we went to the state park for a picnic. Of course the wind picked up as soon as we got to the park but it was still a nice day. It was so relaxing sitting out in the sunshine. After the picnic we did some odds and ends around town. Ryne and I went to see Star Treck (his choice!) after his parents left. I had never seen a Star Treck movie or show before but I was surprised...it wasn't too bad. I did inform Ryne that he owes me a chick flick now!!

Today we went for a drive south of town. The geography really changes once you get about 30 mins outside of town and you enter the Sandhills. Talk about WIDE OPEN spaces. Our drive also included a visit to the internationally known Carhenge! Basically a farmer took a bunch of old cars and used them to make a replica of Stonehenge. It was quite the site... but nearly as interesting as the rest area we drove by!!

0 comments: