Saturday, December 6, 2008

Some Things Never Change

Well, I finally made it to the Black Hills!! Turns out there was a snow storm in Minneapolis which caused several delays. My flight from Raleigh would have gotten into Minneapolis early but we ended up having to circle for over 45 mins due to the fact that one of the runways was closed due to snow. I finally landed and then met up with Schmidty and Jen at the bar. They flew in from CT and the three of us were on the same flight to Rapid. We enjoyed a few beers at the bar and then got ready to board our flight... which of course got delayed!! Once we were finally on board we sat there. And sat there! I am not sure why we sat there so long but we did! We then had to get de-iced which took a LONG time, especially since we had to drive all around the airport. We finally arrived in Rapid just before midnight! Poor Ryne had been waiting there for hours!! After getting my bag we headed off to his parents. We were both hungry so we decided to stop and get a bite to eat. Turns out NOTHING was open in Rapid.. not even McDonald's! We were both so surprised. We finally got to his parents's and grabbed a bit to eat before we headed to bed. I was so tired and ready to just crash by the time I crawled into bed.

0 comments: