Merry Christmas!! We had a wonderful Christmas here on the Cape. Rob and Margaux came down on Tuesday and left this afternoon for Maine. We were all supposed to go to the Land Ho! for dinner on Tuesday but Rob & Margaux didn't get here until late so just my parents and I went. It was wonderful as usual... however they were out of lobster and I was not able to get my lobster club!! How can you be out of lobster on the Cape?!?
Christmas Eve was busy as Rob, Margaux, and I ran errands for my mom and braved the crowds in Orleans. You must understand that there is a large elderly population up here and the elderly are CRAZY!! We had a few near misses with accidents and my brother had to deal with an old man stealing his parking spot!! After our errands Rob & Margaux slept while I helped get ready and carried all of the presents downstairs. I think I went up and down the stairs at least 50 times!!
We went to the 4:30 service at church, which was the children's pageant. Even though we got there a half hour before the service it was hard to find seats. My parents were able to get two seats with their friends and Rob, Margaux, and I sat across the isle from them. The service was a little longer than we expected... over an hour and a half!!
After church we went to a Christmas Open House at friends of my parents. For those of you who don't know, my parents are die hard water aerobic fans!! They've
made some really good friends at the gym. It was nice to meet so many of their water aerobic friends at the Open House. When we came back to the house we decided to go ahead and open our stockings (I know... Santa hadn't even been there yet but Margaux said this was a tradition in her house and she really wanted to do it here). This year we picked a name and had to get stocking stuffers for that person. Of course my brother had me so my stocking was filled with both nice and gag gifts!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Merry Christmas!!
Posted by Lori Beth at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment