Sunday, December 14, 2008

COLD, Ice, Snow...and Hockey!

Brrr!!! It is COLD!! And I mean COLD!! As in negative temperatures... like oh, let's say -10!! And it's supposed to keep getting colder and colder!! This is not my kind of weather!!

We got up this morning and cooked breakfast with Ryne's parents. It was nice to have a lazy morning and relax. We then went to go help his dad do a few errands. We quickly discovered that his dad's old truck that he uses for feeding the buffalo had a flat tire. This turned out to be quite the project as the bolts on the tire were rusted on!! It took about an hour to get that tired off and a spare on. While the men worked on the tire, I hung out with the buffalo. They are a lot more "friendly" now because they want hay. They will come a lot closer to you and won't freak out. And since I am fascinated by them I stood there and just watched them.

Around mid afternoon Ryne and I said our goodbyes to his parents and headed to Rapid. As we got closer to Rapid is started to get really foggy. The temperature also started dropping. We visited with his friend Jesse for a bit and then headed for Tito's house. When we left Jesse's house we noticed the rain was starting to freeze. Instead of making a quick trip to the mall we decided to head straight to Tito's. And it's a good thing we did!! The roads quickly became icy and we skidded through an intersection when weren't able to stop!! Thankfully there were no other cars!! Once we got to Tito's house we agreed to head out to dinner. Tito drove his Rover and off we went. We passes soooo many accidents and saw cars skidding all around. Tito's Rover was perfect for this weather though! We went to Outback for dinner and then headed to the hockey game. We saw the Rapid Rush vs. the Shreveport Crush. Tito got us seats right behind the bench of the visiting team. They were great seats and I enjoyed watching the players up close... if only Scottie Walker had been on the other side of the glass!!

While at the hockey game I got a messages from Northwest letting me know that my flight in the morning was cancelled due to weather. I was rebooked on a flight Monday morning. Ryne and I were both so happy that my trip got extended an extra day!! After the game we went back to Tito's and played some Wii and watched a few episodes of Damages. All in all it was a great night!!

0 comments: