Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Relaxing on Cape Cod

Yesterday after the post wedding brunch Ryne and I headed back to the Cape to rest and recover from the weekend. On our way back we stopped by Rob and Margaux's and said bye to them before they left for Hawaii. My parents were with them helping them unload and unpack all of their loot! Ryne and I got back to the Cape around 2:30ish. After unpacking the car we crashed on the couch to watch some football. Once my parents got to the Cape we headed off to the Land Ho! for dinner. On our way to dinner we stopped at Rock Harbor to take in the sunset and get some pictures. I love the Land Ho! so it was great being able to go there for dinner and a few drinks. After dinner we all crashed on the couch once again. All four of us were falling asleep yet we all pretended like we weren't. I think we all gave up and called it a night around 9pm!!

On Monday Ryne and I got up and went for a walk at Nauset Beach. It was such a nice day and it was so nice being back down by the water. After our walk we then stopped by a few other places before we headed back to the house. We got on the road for the aiport on the early side because my dad was worried about traffic (go figure!). We had lunch off the Cape... which is when I learned the news of Tommy Bowden stepping down as coach. Needless to say that made for an interesting lunch.

Thankfully Ryne and I flew out around the same time and were able to be together up until he got on the plane -- out gates were right next to each other. It was hard saying good-bye but I will be back out his way in a few weeks which made it a little easier.

I was so glad that we were able to spend some time togehter on the Cape after the wedding. It was so relaxing and enjoyable.

0 comments: