Monday, July 21, 2008

Outer Beach



One of my most favorite places on the Cape is the Outer Beach! I love it because it is so relaxing and peaceful. The Outer Beach is a strip of beach that has the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Nauset Marsh on the other. You can only get to the beach via boat or by car if you have a permit.

Yesterday we loaded up the boat and set for the Outer Beach. It was such a perfect day... sunny skis, nice cool breeze, and it was just hot enough! After a boat ride around Nauset Marsh we anchored at the beach. Anchoring the boat turned out to be a bit of a challenge. For some reason the anchor at the bow of the boat would not stick. So my dad and I had to keep adjusting the anchors which entailed me going into the icy cold water!! On more than one occasion my body went numb and I lost feeling in my legs!!!

My mom and Emily went for a walk and collected a whole assortment of shells. Em and I built a sand castle and played around in the water. I was so surprised that she asked me to through her in!! The cold water did not seem to bother her at all.

While we were out there the wind picked up so we decided it was time to head in. Our ride back in was rather bumpy and since I was sitting in the bow of the boat I got soaked on more than once occasion. I was even air born at one point when we hit a decent size wave!

It was a perfect day at the beach... the only down side was that Emily dropped her sun glasses in the water when we were back at the harbor. Unfortunately they sank and we were unable to save them. Other than that it was a fantastic day!!

0 comments: