Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another Great Day on Cape Cod



On Sunday Ryne and I spent most of the day with my parents. Ryne and I took a quick trip up to the National Seashore Visitor Center. We went through the museum and then walked around Salt Pond. We then picked up my parents and headed to the Land Ho! for lunch - Ryne's treat!! After lunch we then drove down to Chatham to walk around. Our first stop was to the harbor. We got to see several of the fishing boats come in and unload their catch -- lots of dog fish (sand sharks), skates, and several different kinds of fish. Hanging out in the harbor were several seals. The seals would swim right up next to the boats and wait for a few scraps to come their way. The biggest seal always hangs out there and is named Brutus. The fisherman tossed him several scraps to eat which results in a seal fight over the food!! They were very cute though. After the harbor we drove by Chatham Light and then headed to the center of town to walk around and do some shopping. It was a very nice and relaxing dinner. That night we grilled steaks out on the deck and had a wonderful dinner. Ryne and I left for Boston around 8:30 and headed into Boston. Margaux got us a great rate at the new Westin Waterfront in Boston since Ryne had an early flight on Monday morning. We watched the Red Sox - Yankee game and enjoyed a few cold beers at the hotel. It was a great way to wrap up an amazing weekend!!

1 comments:

The Baur Family said...

Love your new background...where did you find it? I have looked at getting a new one, but when I did, I was going to have to re-input all my links....maybe my computer savvy friend could help me figure it out! ;) haha! Miss you!!!!