Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a great Memorial Day weekend at the Cape with my family. It was so nice getting away and being at the beach for a few days. Thankfully the weather was really nice and the pollen had not yet hit. There were quite a few people on the Cape and some were ever crazy enough to go swimming!! I was surprised to find that they were already checking for beach stickers at the ocean! I guess summer has hit...even if the Cape is just starting to experience spring like weather!!


On Saturday I went down to the beach and for a long walk. On Sunday my Uncle Bobby and Aunt Dixie had a cook-out at their house. Several aunts, uncles, and cousins were at the cook-out so it was funning catching up with everyone. My little cousin, Tanner (age 3), informed me that he is from Africa! I am not sure where he got that from but it was pretty funny! Peter and Janine brought over the Ladder game, which was a big hit! After the cook-out we then had friends from CT for dinner. My Aunt Sandy, Uncle Peter, and Kristin also joined us for dinner. I hadn't seen my cousin Kristin in a long time so it was great to catch up with her! We ended the night with a trip to the Land Ho!, which is by far, one of my most favorite bars!! On Monday Rob & Margaux had us over for a BBQ. The only problem was that we had to deal with the holiday traffic leaving the bridge. What should have been a 45 minute off the Cape took us about an hour and 40 mins. But it was great seeing them and we had a great time!

I am now back in Raleigh and am busy with work and my grant. My house feels very empty without Mistress. I keep looking for her or thinking that I hear her. She was a great companion the past 5 months. She was such a sweet cat.

It almost feels like I never went away for a few days!!

2 comments:

The Russells said...

I found you! I am excited to read your blog and catch up on what you have been doing. :)

The Baur Family said...

Ok...ummmm, why am I just finding out about this blog...you have a link to me on here, but didn't tell me, so i could link to you!? what's up with that? and seriously...I need to personally edit that slideshow...you have some BAAAADDD pics on there of me! Miss you!
Love, MA