Thursday, May 8, 2008

In need of some good news!




It's been a rough few weeks for me. It seems like every time I turn around, I get more and more bad news. I am hoping that all of that changes soon!
Last week I traveled to CT for my uncle's funeral. My Uncle Victor was a wonderful man who was extremely proud of his family. He took such pride in his nieces and nephews as well and always made sure to spend lots of time with us. I will always remember spending time with him... from the many trips to Joe's Bar (at the ripe old age of 6yrs to play pin ball and drink Shirley Temples) to teaching me how to ski. Above is a picture of Victor with my Aunt Susie at the UConn - Duke football game a few years ago. I also included a picture of me (age 2 1/2) from their wedding. He will be missed greatly!

A good friend from grad school was also recently diagnosed with Hodgkins, stage 2. Erin has already been through a lot and has a long road ahead of her. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts are she begins her treatment.

On to some happier news... the semester is winding down for me. I submitted the last of my grades today! I was so happy to have them over and done with! I am going to celebrate the end of the semester with some friends over a few margaritas!

More to come later!
Lori

0 comments: