Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nebraska Adventures... and Vegas!



I figured I needed to post something happy and upbeat after my last posting. And what better way to lighten the mood than to share some of my memories and adventures from Nebraska. As many of you know, I have been making trips out to the midwest to visit Ryne the last seven months. We've had some great times and very memorable experiences. Below is a recap from my trips. I hope you enjoy!

November - December 2007
My first visit to the great state of Nebraska was COLD!!! I left the warm, 70 degree weather of Raleigh for the bitter cold. Ryne and I went to the Chadron playoff football game... and sat there in the snow! Unfortunately Chadron lost but I still had a great time. We also got and decorated our Christmas tree. This was Ryne's first tree that he has had on his own.



February 2008
I was able to spend a week with Ryne in February! Luckily my trip coincided with Valentine's Day which was a nice treat. Ryne gave me a beautiful bouquet of red and orange roses (orange for Clemson, of course!) and took me out to a very nice dinner. We also took a trip up to the Black Hills where I got a nice tour of Wind Cave and Custer State Park. I also had a nice little "camping" trip while I was out there. Let's just say that it was unexpected but I survived!


March 2008
In March Ryne met in Las Vegas for an extra long weekend. I was in Vegas for a conference so we decided to turn it into a mini vacation. We had a great time touring the strip and visiting all of the casinos. There were some pretty amazing lobbies -- the Bellagio, Wynn, etc. We were lucky enough to get tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's Love at the Mirage. What a FANTASTIC show!! I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing it was!!! We also took a tour of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Yet another thing we got to experience. When we got there it was sunny and nice out. Within 15 mins the clouds rolled in, the temperature dropped, and it started snowing!! It was crazy! All in all we had a fabulous time in Vegas. I think both Ryne and I were ready to say good-bye to Carrot Top though after being there for 6 days!! He was headlining at our hotel and his scary face was every where!!

April 2008
I made another trip out to see Ryne in April. Unfortunately my luggage did not make the trip with me! Poor Ryne had to see me wear the same outfit every day... thank goodness for his washing machine!! We spent with weekend with his parents in Custer, SD. It was such a nice trip and I had a great time meeting his family. I'll be heading back in June and we are going to go see the College World Series in Omaha.

I'll keep you posted on my other travels to the Cornhusker State!

0 comments: