Wow, it's hard to believe that it has already been a week since my parents came to town! This past week sure did fly by. Since I neglected my blog the entire time my parents were here I will just have to do a week in review.
Friday:
My parents arrived around 4:oopm. I helped my dad unload some of the car and then we hung out on the deck chatting. It was such a gorgeous day that we ended up grilling out. After dinner I subjected my parents to watching the Hurricanes game (which they won!).
Saturday:
After a big breakfast of bacon and eggs we headed out to the farmer's market. It was so insanely busy!! I usually try to avoid going there on the weekend for that reason. I think it took us close to 15 mins to find a parking spot. Our goal was to find geraniums to plant on my front porch and back deck. I ended going with a bright red this year (last year was hot pink). We also brought some fresh, native strawberries. Oh! While we were looking at the flowers this woman noticed a spider. Turns out is was a black widow! I had no idea they were in this area! Needless to say we left that are pretty quickly.
After the farmer's market we headed to the flea market. My dad just loves going there and looking for treasures. We all found something to add to our collections. I have a small collection of red glass and I found a really cool red glass vase. And for $3 how could you go wrong?!
From the flea market when then headed to Cameron Village for some more shopping. My parents are giving me an adjustable gold chain for my birthday. I am excited because this now means that my diamond necklace can be both long and short!
We capped the night off wtih dinner at Twisted Fork (my dad's favorite!). It was such a busy, fun day!
Sunday:
My dad spend the day planting my flowers whle my mom and I did a few errands. We then got ready and went tailgating with friends for the Hurricanes game. The weather got a little iffy at one point but we survived. It was a great game up until the Canes lost. I was able to sit with my parents which was great!
Monday:
We went back to Cameron Village today for the gold necklace and now have to order it. Hopefully it will be in stock soon. We then some more shopping and had a nice, leisurely day. We did chicken on the grill for dinner which was fantastic.
Tuesday:
My dad and I decided to plant a rhodadendrum and some azelas in my back yard so off we went to buy some plants. We then spent the better part of the day plating. My mom did some work aorund my house -- aren't parents the best?!? My mom cleaned out a few cabinets for me and a little cleaning. I went to the hockey game while my parents stayed behind to pack up since they were leaving in the morning. The Canes game was intense!! Up 3-0 the Canes quickly found themselves tied 3-3. Just when I thought we were heading to OT the Canes scored with .2 sec to go in the game to win it!!! You should have heard the RBC Center. It was sooooo loud!!!
Wendesday:
Before my parents left we had a plumber come over to fix a frozen pipe in the back of my house. I wanted my dad there just to make sure everything was done correctly. My parents hit the road around 10:30. My house seemed so quiet and emtpy after they left. And it also meant I had to get back to work... which was no fun at all!!
I had a great visit with my parents and I cannot wait to see them down here again in two weeks!!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Week in Review
Posted by Lori Beth at 10:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You'll have to post pictures of all your gardening efforts! Sounds like you guys had a busy visit. Crazy that they will be back down here again so soon- you couldn't just talk them into staying? Ralph could have come and planted flowers at my house...heehee
Looks like you had a busy time! Post some pics!
Post a Comment