Friday, November 20, 2009

Hockey and New Moon

Well, I survived! But I must admit that I am dragging today.. and all I can think about is going to sleep!!

Last night I went to the hockey game with friends. The Hurricanes were playing with a hodge podge of players due to injuries. The game started off rough.. and I mean rough. Down 3-0 at the end of the first period I have to admit I didn't have high hopes for the Canes. But they slowly came back and before I knew it the game was tied. The game went back and forth and it for a bit and it looked like we were heading to OT. But then Toronto scored with 29 seconds to go in the game to go ahead. No!!! I was positive the game was over. But then some how the Canes managed to come back and score a goal with 1.9 seconds to go in the game to send it to OT!! The Canes went on to win the game in a shoot out.

After hockey I went over to Jane's house. We then headed off to the movies to see New Moon with some other friends. Jane had discovered the best thing ever... wine that comes as a "juice box." Each box of win held 3 glasses!! Not too shabby!! I never ever thought I would be part of group of fans seeing a movie at midnight but there I sat with all of these wild teenie boppers. I think the wine definitely helped me cope!! The movie was good.. much better thant he first. I am really excited for the next movie though -- New Moon was my least favorite book.

I pulled into my driveway at 3am and was in bed and asleep by 3:30am! I had to get up early today for a haircut so I file last night's sleep under the category of a nap!! Later today I am off to visit Marianne and the kids and then we are headed to Clemson on Saturday for our last home game!

0 comments: