I'm in Denver for an evaluation conference. All of my colleagues bailed on going so I am here all alone which is fine. I'd rather be here alone than hanging out with most of them. Oh, the stories I could tell you about my colleagues. I am considering writing a book on them!!
It has been chilly and windy here but snow yet. Today I walked around the downtown area and visited the Museum of Art. I had a nice time at the museum and enjoyed the exhibits. Although there was on really bizarre exhibit: it was an old suitcase that was open and had the body of doll with a head projected on it. The head was talking and would say the most random things. When I was there it yelled, "Fire... fire... FIRE!!!" It would then would start making kissing sounds. Odd.
My presentation was today. The moderator never showed up so we were left to "police" the session on our own. There were four of us presenting in the session and the 2nd person took 25+ mins instead of her allotted 15 mins. I was the last one to present so by the time it was my turn I was left with 8 mins! BURN!! But have no fear, I used my Yankee ways and spoke super fast. I was able to get through my entire presentation in the 8 mins!!
I head off to see Ryne tonight and I cannot wait!! I'll post photos from Denver soon!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Denver
Posted by Lori Beth at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment