Thursday, September 29, 2011

TV in a Box

Ryne and I decided to upgrade our TV using some of our wedding money. We figured it was time to jump into the 21st century and join the rest of the world by purchasing a flat screen TV. Yep, we were those people. We were the only two people left in the world who did not have a flat screen.

After doing some research we finally picked out a TV and bought it at Best Buy. We had Geek Squad come out to the house to figure out how to best install the TV (we have one of those giant "tv holes" above our fire place). All was looking well... until we ran into the scheduling nightmare of the Geek Squad. We were told that our TV would be installed within two weeks. Let me just tell you how that went... we purchased the TV on 8/16. It is not 9/28 and the TV is still sitting in a box in our dining room. This scenario makes for two unhappy people.

So today is the day the TV is supposed to be installed and we have already run into some challenges. Despite having an install time block schedule between the hours of 8-12 I just received word that Geek Squad will not be at my house until after 12. Hmm... I believe this falls OUTSIDE of my scheduled time. And I also learned that they broke up the install into two parts yet they never informed us of this decision or change. To say I have been unhappy with Geek Squad is a major understatement. I will not recommend Geek Squad to any of our friends and family.

So keep your fingers crossed that by the end of the day today our new TV actually comes out of the box and and is hanging on the wall!

0 comments: