Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Packing!! And Getting a New Bed!

I have spent the last few days cleaning, packing, and getting organized. It is hard to believe that I leave for the Cape in a few days. This summer is flying by... I hope it slows down some once I get to the Cape!!

I debated back and forth as to whether or not I was going to clean before I left for the summer. My house was in need of some dusting and my bathrooms could all use a good cleaning. I love leaving and coming home to a clean house... but by the time I got back in August my house would no longer be clean. After going back and forth I finally decided to go ahead and clean.

Yesterday I went to Durham to pick up a queen-sized mattress for my third bedroom. Yes, the Holcomb B&B is expanding and I can now accommodate more guests!! The only glitch was that I had to pick the bed up and get upstairs on my own!! Thankfully my neighbor Gary helped me. The bed belong to Amy, my cousin who just graduated from Duke. We had to go to her old apartment (coordinating getting a key proved to be quite a hassle since Amy is back in CT!) to get the bed. I warned Gary that the last time I saw the apartment at graduation it was disgusting. I didn't think it could have gotten any worse.. but it did! I will just leave you with this... there were piles of dried puke in the corner on the carpet. GROSS!! Thankfully Amy's bed was fine and we got it up to my guest room without any issues!!

I have spent most of today packing and trying to get organized. Not only am I packing for the Cape but I am also packing for my trip to Ireland in August. It was hard packing for two entirely different trips while trying to keep it to two pieces of luggage. I just hope I didn't forget anything!!

I am so worn out and I am so ready to get to the Cape... I need some R&R at the beach!!

0 comments: