Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Been a Long Time...

So once again I have been bad about updating my blog. The last two week were really busy and I just never had the time or energy to sit down and post. Plus I suspect that Marianne is my lone reader. But without further ado, here is an update for the last two weeks.

I was supposed to fly back to Raleigh on June 3rd but Ryne and I decided that I needed to spend a few extra days together so I changed my flight to June 8th. It was so nice having a few extra days together. We were able to have a picnic in the state park, see a movie, have dinner with Ryne's aunt, and just enjoy each others' company. The weekend of the 5th we kicked things off by going to see the play, Always, Patsy Cline, at the Post Playhouse. It was opening night for the season and this marked the second year in a row that we were able to go on opening night. All of the actors are college students from around the contry -- quite a few were from Elon! Before the play we ate dinner at Fort Robinson, which was really nice. The play was really good and the two actresses were phenomenal! Once the play was over we headed to Ryne's parents' house in the Black Hills. There were bad storms that night but thankfully they were off in the distance. But our entire drive to the Hills was a giant lightning show, which was absolutely amazing!!

On Saturday we spent the day with Ryne's parents. Since it was a cold (40s!) and rainy day we decided to head to Reptile Gardens. I was expecting this place to be a tourist trap but it was surprising really nice. They had quite the collection of reptiles, lizards, and creatures there. I'll ahve to post pictures once I download them from my camera. After Reptile Gardens we grabbed a bite to eat at a diner. I love a good, old fashioned diner!!

On Sunday Ryne and I spent the day together driving around the Hills. We headed over to Mt. Rushmore and Keystone. Thankfully I have seen Mt. Rushmore several times before because it was bried in the fog. You could not see a hint of it... at all!! We grabbed lunch in Hill City and then headed back to his parents to relax before dinner. It stunk that we had to head back to Chadron that night, especially since we both knew my flight was first thing in the morning.

Monday we got up at o'dark thirty since my flight was at 6:30am. Ugh... I hate leaving but I hate leaving at that time of the day! It was so hard and sad saying our good byes. I hate watching Ryne disappear out of site as my plane zooms off into the clouds. But thankfully we will be together again in a few weeks at the Cape :)!

Work has been...hmmm... challenging. I am still dealing with an ongoing issue that has been really difficult. I have another meeting tomorrow so I am hoping that the end is in site.

Well, I think that is everything. I will try to do better about updating. I head to the Cape next week so things will start to become more interesting then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ma is not the only reader. I've missed keeping up with you. So glad you're posting again. Miss you bunches! Deb

The Baur Family said...

Ok-NOT cool Deb! You can sign Lori's page, and I only get rude anonymous messages on mine!? What's up with that?
Anywho- Glad you had a great time Lori, and I love that you update your page just for me! :) Can't wait to see you next week!