Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cabin in the Woods


The last two nights Ryne and I stayed at a cabin in Chadron State Park located a few miles outside of Chadron. It is an absolutely beautiful park. The state park reminded me a lot of Cape Cod (minus the ocean!). Our cabin was very nice and cozy. It had a screened in porch on the front and large deck on the back.
On Monday night Ryne I had a bunch of his friends up to the cabin for a cook-out. The weather was perfect...although it did get a little chilly as the night went on. We cooked brauts and buffalo burgers and had an assortment of pasta and garden salads. Since we were "camping out" I thought it was fitting that we make S'mores for dessert!
As soon as Ryne got off work last night we headed back up to the cabin. Since it was a gorgeous day we went for a walk through the park. We then came back to the cabin and enjoyed a few beers on the back deck. Ryne grilled out for us again and we just spent the night relaxing under the stars on the deck. I slept so well both nights we were there... I think it was all the fresh air! Last night the winds kicked up and at one point I began to wonder if a tornado was in the area! Thankfully it was just really strong winds.
I am having a great time and am looking forward to all of the other things we have lined up for the remainder of my visit.

2 comments:

The Baur Family said...

mmmm...smores! yummy! sounds like you are having a blast. so happy you are having a good time. guess what? we had all this wet stuff falling from the sky last night...wasn't sure what it was, but it lasted for several hours...there was even hail! talk to you soon! miss ya!

The Russells said...

Never knew you were such a good outdoorswoman. :) Looks like y'all are having fun.